Membership in Vikings North America (VNA) is open to anyone. However, our safety regulations prohibit anyone under 18 years of age from participating in combat displays. Membership forms for children under 18 must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
The annual membership fee is due in January each year.
Alternatively, the Groups Directory will point you in the direction of a local contact who can provide more information and an introduction to what we do.
Membership dues for 2015 are as follows:
Full membership for adults over 18 years of age $20.00
Jr membership for teenagers 13-18 years of age $10.00
Child membership for children 12 and younger $5.00
Temporary 1 event membership $10.00
Membership benefits include:
- A VNA membership card.
- The VNA newsletter--The Vinland Vine--delivered by email to keep members informed of events, resources, and society business.
- Access to the VikesNA discussion group and any other applicable Vikings North America egroups
- Coverage under a group liability insurance policy for VNA-sponsored events
- The ability to be recognized via our awards system.
As of early 2008, VNA is a separate organizational entity from The Vikings (UK). VNA members who wish to maintain membership in The Vikings (UK) should contact them directly and pay the UK dues.
Also note that as of January 2007, any group applying for membership into The Vikings North America must have at least 4 paid members in the group. For prospective members who are not within easy reach of other groups or who are still in the process of organizing a group, we accept "provincial" membership. On the membership form, enter "provincial" as the group name.
Applying for Membership
To become a member, follow the below instructions:
- Download the Membership Form here (click for Word doc) and it will either open automatically or you may have to open it manually. Don't forget to save it to a place you can locate on your computer.
This form will open a new window. You can come back to this screen to add other memberships types.
Please use the "add special instructions to merchant" link to add a comment with the names of everyone whose membership is included in this payment.
In the interest of keeping paperwork to a minimum it has been suggested that if you have multiple members joining or paying another years due to do so in batches, i.e. sending the paperwork in as a group instead of one at a time.
US Membership Officer
609 NW 17th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73103